Teenager dies on vacation after drinking a popular beverage found in every store

Losing someone in the family is really a heart-breaking story but it’s more tragic if we had lost them so early and at the most unreasonably way. Death will really come to anyone, we just have to prepare for it. But what really hurt the most about death is when it took your loved ones life too early at the most unacceptable way.

Just like with the young lady who lost her life at a very young age without any warning for her family. She was Lanna who was used to be energetic, athletic, and had lived a healthy life. She was outgoing and never had any health problems.

Then in the summer of 2014, she went on vacation to Mexico with her friend’s family. That one day on the beach, she had trouble in breathing and collapsed then. She was brought to the clinic, but wasn’t able to survive. She suffered a fatal heart attack.

Lanna’s death was really a mystery. Her whole family was in shocked because they had not noticed any warning signs. Later, Kris, her mother, started thinking about her daughter’s unexpected death. She was actually dehydrated when she died, but she had been drinking all day. However, she only drank energy drink instead of water. And just minutes before she collapsed, she downed a popular ENERGY DRINK.

Cardiologist Jack Wolfson then told KSAZ Fox 10 that the high levels of caffeine and sugar in energy drinks might have contributed to Lanna’s death saying, “There is medical evidence that these things do harm. They can cause changes in the heart rhythm, and impact blood pressure.”

Kris said it could have happened to anyone. Now, she wants to warn other parents to be vigilant so it doesn’t happen to anyone else’s son or daughter.

Indeed, water is really important in our daily life. Daily dosage of it will never harm us. Drink a lot of water everyday.

Source: Newsner