These days claiming any beneficiaries are easy as writing your own name. This is exactly what the Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF) or more popularly known as the PAG-IBIG Fund is here for and it assures its members that they have the right to refund their total accumulated savings (TAV), including monthly savings, total annual dividend earnings and employer shares.
On that note, PAG-IBIG emphasized that the said refund is can only be claimed if a member qualifies in certain criteria or grounds for withdrawal.Having said that, below are the 6 Grounds for Membership Termination or Withdrawal with the PAG-IBIG Fund.
1. Maturity of Membership
- A member should have already remitted at least 240 monthly membership for that member to be eligible for the said refund.
- For PAG-IBIG Overseas Program (POP) members, they should have already accumulated 4, 10, 15 or 20 years contribution depending on the option chosen upon the registration.
Upon reaching the age of 65, a member should automatically be retired. However, opt to retire upon the occurrence of any of the following:
- Actual retirement from the SSS, the GSIS or a separate employer provident/retirement plan, provided the member has at least reached age 45
- Upon reaching age of 60
3. Permanent Total Disability or Insanity
The following disabilities shall be deemed total and permanent:
- Temporary total disability lasting continuously for more than 120 days
- Complete loss of sight of both eyes
- Loss of two limbs at or over the ankle or wrist
- Permanent complete paralysis of two limbs
- Brain injury resulting in incurable imbecility or insanity
- Such other cases which are adjudged to be total and permanent disability by a duly licensed physician and approved by the Board of Trustees.
4. Termination from Service Due To Health Issues
5. Permanently Leaving The Country
In case of death, the Fund benefits shall be divided among the member’s legal heirs in accordance with the New Civil Code as amended by the New Family Code. Below are the requirements needed for the claim:
a. Application for Provident Benefits Claim (APB, HQP-PFF-040)
b. Pag-IBIG Transaction Card and one (1) valid ID card with photo and signature of Claimant
- If you don’t have a PAG-IBIG Transaction Card, you can present 2 of your valid ID cards with a photo and signature
- Pag-IBIG Transaction Card and 1 valid ID card with photo and signature
c. Service Record (For Government Employee)
d. Statement of Service (For AFP)
- NSO/PSA Certified True Copy of Member’s Death Certificate
- Notarized Proof of Surviving Legal Heirs (HQP-PFF-030)
- NSO/PSA Certified True Copy of Birth Certificate of all children or Baptismal/Confirmation Certificate (If with child/children)
- Notarized Affidavit of Guardianship (HQP-PFF-028) (if with child/children below 18 years old, or if child/children is/are physically/mentally incompetent)
To establish kinship with the deceased member, the claimant shall submit any one of the following:
- NSO/PSA Certified True Copy of Member’s/Claimant’s Birth Certificate
- NSO/PSA Certified True Copy of Non-Availability of Birth Record and Notarized Joint Affidavit of Two 2 Disinterested Persons (HQP-PFF-029)
- Certified True Copy of Member’s/Claimant’s Baptismal/Confirmation Certificate
- If Member is single, Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR)
- If Member is married, NSO Certified True Copy of Member’s Marriage Contract and Advisory on Marriage
- NSO/PSA Certified True Copy of Birth Certificate or NSO/PSA Certified True Copy of Non-Availability of Birth Record and Notarized Joint Affidavit of Two (2) Disinterested Persons (HQP-PFF-029)
- Notarized Certificate of Early Retirement (For Private Employee only, at least 45 years old)
- GSIS Retirement Voucher (For Government Employee)
- Order of Retirement (For AFP)
3. For Permanent Total Disability or Insanity/Termination from the Service by Reason of Health
- Physician’s Certificate/Statement (With clinical or medical abstract)
4. For Permanent Departure from the Country
- Photocopy of Passport with Immigrant Visa/Residence Visa/Settlement Visa or its equivalent
- Notarized Sworn Declaration of Intention to Depart from the Philippines Permanently (HQP-PFF-031) (No need to submit if already based abroad)
- Pag-IBIG FUND RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REQUEST ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS, IF DEEMED NECESSARY. PROCESSING OF CLAIMS SHALL COMMENCE ONLY UPON SUBMISSION OF COMPLETE DOCUMENTS.
- IN ALL INSTANCES WHEREIN PHOTOCOPIES ARE SUBMITTED, THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENT MUST BE PRESENTED FOR AUTHENTICATION.
- IF MEMBER/CLAIMANT CANNOT CLAIM PERSONALLY, SUBMIT SPECIAL POWER OF ATTORNEY (HQP-PFF-033) AND TWO (2) VALID ID CARDS EACH OF THE PRINCIPAL AND ATTORNEY-IN-FACT.